Sunday, September 19, 2010

Liquids

So, I started the liquid diet. I must say that although I miss "real food" I am enjoying the feeling of being lighter. Yes, although, I just started, I already feel lighter. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me? Nope! I weighed myself, and I am down 5 lbs already! Now, I know it is probably water, but 5 lbs is still great!

Question for those who had to do liquids 2 weeks prior to banding... if the protein shake has 190 calories, and 15 gms of protien, with no fat (I use skim milk), is it okay to have a greek yogurt which has 140 calories, no fat, and also has 15 gms of protien?

I may be deluding myself by asking, and yes, it's only been two days, but man! I do get to have 2 cups of veggies, which I absolutely am thankful for! YUM!!!! I have been having a mixed arugula with steamed broccoli with 2tbsp of the most amazing dressing- fat free, wasabi dijon by Vermont Farms! It is so good.

All in all, I have been having 800-1000 calories per day. I am also having diet jello, which, is also awesome.

Twelve days to go!

Wish me luck!
A

1 comment:

  1. mmm...wasabi dijon! Yummo! Thanks for the weather update! I was hoping it was cooling down just a little! We've had such a hot summer down here in NC.

    ReplyDelete