Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weak-End

Well, it's the end of Labor Day weekend folks. We had beautiful weather here in NJ- perfect, sunny, breezy, and just perfect for entertaining outdoors. We had friends over yesterday for a Jam-becue- barbecue and live music! My hubby, brother in law, our friends Gary and Elyce all played music and sang, and we had a great time. I took a break from singing, as I was hosting, and watching my 2 year old daughter with my sissy who also has 2 year old twin girls. It was a lot of fun.

I overdid it a bit, food wise. I think I am in the "last meal" phase- not good. We had snacks, sangria, dungeness crabs, grilled lamb chops, fresh corn, couscous, and burgers and dogs. I didn't eat much food- some crab and a hot dog, but I did have quite a bit of my delicious citrus sangria, and quite a bit of crab dip with pita chips. I must say that I cannot wait for my pre-band liquid diet to start- I may start it a few days early of the two week requirement. My birthday is next weekend, and the hubby and I are going to a special restaurant to celebrate. Then it's cake with my family the next day, and then I am going to either start the liquids, or be really good for the few days before I start liquids.

I am so excited that this time next year I will be much smaller! I can't wait to begin to wear what's in my closet that I have gotten too big for- I probably have work clothes from size 14- size 24, which could be depressing, but some of them have been with me for about ten years or so- too good to throw out classic Jones New York suits and dresses and stuff. Most of my wardrobe is in the 18-20 range, which I am looking forward to wearing again around Christmas time. I have put together a goal sheet for myself, averaging from 8-10 lbs per month. I hope to get a good jump on the weight loss with the liquid diet, as well, so I think 40lbs by Christmas sounds reasonable.

With the weather getting cooler, I am looking forward to getting my bike out again, and begin exploring our new neighborhood. (We moved in November)- I have been doing all of my exploring by car, but now it's time to start breaking out the walking shoes and bike. We got a seat for the back of my husband's bike for my daughter, so there are no excuses now! Should be fun.

I always feel like September is the beginning of the year- between my birthday, and all those years of school, so here's to a new year, a new me, and lots of accomplishments!

(Thank you to my eleven followers for believing that what I say is worth reading. I get a thrill every time the number inches up!)
oxox
A

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of watching the followers rise:) It does happen.

    I also remember what I was like before my banding and pre-op diet. It some times feels as though each bite is your last, just take it easy and know you will be able to eat the good stuff later, just in much smaller portions:)

    ReplyDelete