So, first the good news:
- I am at my low weight in many years, and feel the 200s upon me any minute
- I am not hungry at all
Now, the bad news:
- I can barely drink anything- I have just finished my protien shake from this morning, and am about a third of my way through my morning coffee
- I have PB'd water a few times already
- MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT! I HAVE VERY THICK HAIR, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!
So, I got this fill yesterday. I am now at 6.5cc in a 10cc band. I really feel it. I am on liquids until tomorrow, and then mushies again, so I am hoping the tightness subsides somewhat. I don't think being this tight is being in the green zone (in fact, In know it's the red zone), but I am hoping I am a little swollen and it will mellow out by mushies tomorrow. I think I need to give it a couple of days, and if I can't drink water tomorrow, never mind yogurt, I will get a little unfill. I am really hoping I do not have to, and that things will be better soon.
My hair. Yes, it's falling out! HELP! I know this has happened to some of you out there- it just started with me- is there any mitigation strategy I can implement??? I have re-started my vitamins and protien shakes, and will up the protien some more. Is there a supplement that works? Biotin??
Back to work!
xoxox
A


Fabulous on the weight loss!
ReplyDeleteWatch out about the water. If that keeps up go have a tiny unfill. Many will tell you that waiting to long is a bad thing~ You need your water.
Hair...I am so scared of this. I do not have thick hair at all. I don't know what to tell you..but more protein maybe. Are you counting protein?!
Hi Annie! I sure hope your fill works out. It sounds like you're too tight, but sometimes that can mellow out. You should be able to get liquids down without issue.
ReplyDeleteMy hair fell out too. In fact it is still falling out 10 months post-op. I don't know if it normal hair loss now and I'm just more aware of it or if it is still the heavy loss I had right after surgery. I also lost a lot of hair after both of my pregnancies so I think it can be associated with many diffferent kinds of "trauma" to the body.
You asked how much I have in my band on my blog. Would you believe me if I said I don't know? My fill doc says my band should hold up to 4 cc (it is a 10 cc band - per my fill doc the 10 cc is the measurement around and not what it can hold. She's the only one I've ever heard that from) and I've had two fills (and one un-fill). I think I have 2.4 ccs. I know some people probably wouldn't be happy at my fill level, but I prefer to be able to eat all foods (including bread) in moderation. I want my band to limit my quantities, but still allow me to eat relatively "normally" if that makes any sense.
For the hairloss. Nothing worked for me. Tried Biotin but didn't notice any difference. It helps some people. My hairdresser even suggested Omega 3 or 6 (whatever the fish oil is). It will grow back. These last few weeks I haven't had any hair in the drain. Not sure why. It sucks but the weight loss is really worth it in the long run.
ReplyDeleteI lost a fair bit of hair & nothing worked, but it has stopped. Mine lasted about 3 months. I have thin hair, but lots of it, so it looks really thick. And it has recovered, so try not to worry too much.
ReplyDeleteThanks to everyone for your comments, and suggestions!
ReplyDelete