Friday, January 21, 2011

Double Feature Post- Part Two- YAY!

Hey  Guys!

Guess what?! I got an award! My first! I am so excited, and I thank Amanda, of http://lifeofahopefulloser.blogspot.com/ ! Thanks so much, it was really, really sweet of you!

First things first-  my job, as an award recipient, is to give you my five guilty pleasures, and then to make this award to three other bloggers who are so sweet.  Here goes:

Guilty Pleasures
1. Staying up late, drinking a cocktail or cup of tea, playing facebook games while the rest of the house SLEEPS!
- Okay, so this is one I indulge in quite a bit. Most of the time, its with a cup of tea and not a cocktail. and often it's when my hubby is still awake, but it is definitely ME time, and necessary!

2. Liking when my daughter wants to sleep in the bed with us, even though she kicks my hubby in her sleep.
- I love having her snuggle up to me as we fall asleep.  Another related, but non guilty pleasure is the lullabies I sing to her and the book reading before bedtime. It really completes me.

3. Aged cheddar cheese, pita chips, and good vino.
- Really yummy, and not horrible for the band if you limit to a few chips and chew, chew, chew, chew, chew..... and then chew again.  Basically, like Amanda, and almost everyone else, I love cheese. I just do. I am into extra, extra sharp aged cheddar these days, and pita chips are a new obsession too. LOVE.

4. Bathing in my jacuzzi triple wide tub, with a spiked frozen protien shake (spiked with Captain Morgan and ice cream).
- Now, I have only done this once, but man, was it a guilty pleasure! It was this past Monday, when we were home for MLK Day. Hubby took the kids outside to play in the snow and Mommy jumped in the tub with a book and a naughty drink. Pistachio gelato, Captain Morgan rum, a little vanilla protien powder and some skim milk. HELLO FROZEN HEAVEN.  The tub scorching hot, the bubbles were amazing, AND I brought in my book. FABULOUS!

5. Going for a spa day with my girlfriends- mani, pedi, massage and facial.

I did this once, but really I couldn't think of anything else that compares to #4. :)

I do love getting me time and getting prettied up. It's really important that I look put together for work, and the nails and hair time is necessary. I don't make enough time for this since I want to spend every free minute with my family since I work, but I need to do this more, AND NOT FEEL GUILTY!

So, my nominees for the sweetest award go to..... Drumroll, please...

Kristen, at http://catchytitlehere-elise.blogspot.com/ for just being a great commenter, and inspiration. I love her blogs, her generosity and her wit

Amanda, at http://amandakiska.blogspot.com/ for her thoughtful insights, support, and honesty. Thanks for being a great role model!

Jen, at http://jenslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/ She was my first follower, my first cheerleader, and is always so genuine, sweet and just lovable. Drazil and her are like the Laverne and Shirley of the blog world

I would give everyone out there a hug and an award too. I thank everyone who follows me, and who comments. It really makes me feel connected, which is sometimes hard for me, so truly, truly, truly, Thanks!

Love you guys!

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Man, what some awesome guilty pleasures! The bath tub one really makes me jealous! When I get my dream house it will have a tub like that. The spiked protein shake sounds really yummy as well. And seriously what is up with cheese? Does it have crack in it? I Love cheese, lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Annie! You ARE very sweet.

    I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I am so stealing the spiked protein shake idea!! I might even have one tonight!!!! With my iPad and the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!! Thank you so much! Spiked protein say WHAT?!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I'm now following! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for commenting back on my 'is this thing on' post. Glad you're reading....keep up your great work with the band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spiked protein shake??? Ohhhh wow - sounds sooo good!!

    Congrats on the award - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete