Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fill on Monday

Hello There Lovelies!
So, I have not been weighing myself compulsively since I had my check up last week. I felt pretty good about my progress so far, and have been bracing myself for the weight stabilization or gain that everyone, including the nurse in the office, fellow bloggers, etc. have told me to expect. I think that bandster Hell is difficult, very difficult. I have not been a perfect doobie now that I have no restriction.  I must have more than "no restriction" though since I think I had my first stuck episode when I brainlessly tried to scarf down a hotdog at the "Fall Festival" this past weekend.  My best friend and husband kinda looked at me funny when I ordered a hot dog, but when they saw the look on my face, my bestie shouted "She's stuck! That's the same face blankiedie blank makes when she eats too fast!"  Duh.  Not cool.  My husband looked stricken. I tried, nonchalantly, to spit out the offending piece of bread into a napkin, and tried to drink a sip of water to was whatever was there down!  So much for my first day of "real food". I have a lot to learn- obviously!

I am trying though. I feel like I am on a diet, sort of, but I seem to have more will power than usual.

The good news- I weighed myself today- down two more pounds! Yay!!  I have a long way to go, but I am thrilled the scale is moving in the right direction!!  I have a goal of 299 by  Halloween- not sure if it is realistic, but I am getting a fill on Monday, so theoretically....  The real reason for the aggressive goal is to STAY AWAY FROM HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hey, quick question: do you attend the "support groups"? Are they valuable? I may attend one to see- it's kind of a pain to attend since I live in NJ, work in Bklyn, and had my surgery at NYU, have a two year old that needs to be picked up, but if it's worth it, I will make arrangements.

This week in blog land has been educational, and very emotional. Sad stories of people's childhoods, tragedies happening to everyday people, and even mundane stories of the perils of pooping.  All good stuff.  All stuff that ties us together- veterans and newbies.  Good stuff people.

xoxo
A

7 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, It looks like you are doing FANTASTICALLY! Sorry about the hot dog. Those are lessons we all must learn, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about your daughter and wanted to comment. First of all, you are a great mom and your daughter is adorable. As parents, we often blame ourselves for our children's shortcomings (or what we perceive to be shortcomings). You are teaching her about healthy foods. Some of us are just wired to be more interested in food. There are people who naturally regulate their food choices and weight without any real effort. That skill has by-passed me, I'm afraid. I needed the lap-band to teach me what others seem to instinctively know. I know we don't want our kids to go down that road, but all we can do is guide them and be the best example we can be.

    My only thought about your daughter is that it may be organic - she may have a medical reason for packing on the pounds. I would encourage her to be as active as possible. Go for walks after dinner, go for family bike rides, get her interested in sports (they do have little kickers for toddlers if you want to get her into soccer now). Other than that, don't put her on a diet. Encourage her to eat and recognize when she is full and has had enough. Continue offering the good food choices that you already are. You also may see some results by shifting both of your diets to a higher-protein diet. Keep the carbs low and the protein high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great!! One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Annie for your comment on my blog! I am much better today and feeling ready to continue on! You're doing so well and I am excited to keep watching. I'll be in your boat soon too! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my blog as a support group. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys- you are the sweetest bunch of girls. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to answer. I've gone to support groups. They aren't bad. It usually makes me feel good to hear even more stories. a Lot of times, they are pretty elementary. So, are they worth doing a lot to get there - probably not. I did learn how to eat greek yogurt there though...that was worth a lot. : )

    ReplyDelete