Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 3

So, I guess the three things I am concered about are:
1- pressure in my chest- it is horrible. I think it's gas, but I don't seem to be getting any relief. The nurse in the recovery room did tell me it would feel like I am having a heart attack- which, I guess is what this feels like, but it's been going on for three days!

2- Very tight? I think this is what it feels like? I take a sip of tea and I feel like I ate three turkeys

3- Blinding headache

So far I have been having broth, tea, propel, ice pops, and V8- very small quantities. I could care less about eating, I just have this dry and sore throat thing happening, and I wish I could guzzle ice cold water. Sip, sip, sip. I can't believe how long it takes to drink a bottle of propel (all day)!

Sorry to complain, I am excited, but a little out of it.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. You're doing ok! I had the tightness for several days. Keep walking. Even just around the house. That and some gas-x strips helped me, I think. Also, keep trying to drink. That will help with the throat but also with the headache. You don't want to be completely dehydrated! Headaches for me come when I haven't had some protein or when I'm dehydrated.

    Keep hanging in there. It gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a heating pad for the gas pain. It worked sometimes. I think its just something that has to work its way through. Try to drink water to get rid of the headaches. The first week is the hardest, it does get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Paige. I heard the gasx strips! Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll loosen up. I can guzzle water now no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are hurting. I felt lousy for the first 5 days! Band Groupie suggested I take a mild laxative...just 1 pill. It worked wonders for the gas pain. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up with your water, that is probably the reason for the headaches. I got horrid headaches and it was due to the lack of fliuds.

    Hope you feel better soon. In a few days you will be felling so much better :)

    ReplyDelete