Lovies!
Today has been a fairly good day, food wise, and an eye opening one at that.
First- what did I eat today? Hmm..
large iced coffee with splenda and fat free half and half
12 ounces of pineapple low fat cottage cheese
pita chips
tea with milk and splenda
water
Now, this could be better, I know, but let's focus on the positives, shall we? 1. I ate protein for lunch- in fact, I not only ate protein, but I actually ate something I brought from home for lunch! Yay me!! The pita chips I had in the fridge at work, so they went nicely with the cottage cheese- like a chips and dip thing.
I have gotten into a bad habit of ordering food for lunch. Very bad habit. Tuna melt on a roll- I only can eat about 1/4 of the roll, or I puke it up, but seriously? Tuna with mayo and cheese? Not necessary. My other lunch of choice has been 2 beef patties. Jamaican. I usually end up puking most of it, but there is something I love about them. I need to put these two habits on hold. Not good.
What will I bring tomorrow? Maybe I will make egg salad, or tuna? I don't mind the mayo bit, especially if I am in control of how much I add. I need something crunchy with this. Maybe some kind of vegetable? We will see. Small steps.
Speaking of steps, I saw one of my colleagues this morning, and she looks fabulous. We were discussing another fab looking colleague, who has lost like 90 or more lbs this year alone. She is doing it through eating very low carb, exercising like crazy, and having her thyroid condition diagnosed and finally treated. She looks a-mazing! The first colleage I spoke of, let's call her Monica, also looks great. Turns out she is biking to work- admirable! and is doing the "slow carb" diet. Protein, beans and veggies at every meal. No white carbs- the deadly dairy, sugar and flour combo. Now, this is intriguiging me for some reason.
My brother is on some bean kick as well, and is a runner to boot. He is one of those people who eats the same thing every day, runs every day at lunchtime- you know the type. He eats beans every meal- with kale, and some kind of protein. Turns out, that's kind of the thing that the slow carb diet advocates, PLUS, it calls for a cheat day, which in my past experience, makes a diet (I was doing a low carb plus working out diet) very do-able.
What's all this rambling about anyway? I don't know- I guess I am kind of excited to be back!!
Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I have a new therapist, Jill, who I love! She is kick ass!
smooches!!
A


I love hearing how other people have succeeded in their weight loss journey. I always wonder what I can learn from theirs. And the no white carbs does suit the lap band, because that is the stuff we usually have to stay away from anyway. But dairy is the kicker on that one for me. I love dairy,
ReplyDeleteI am intrigued too, but will Ned to think on that dairy :o) and I too have to thank you for your comments on my log! I love this community!
I've been doing really low carb as well, but as soon as I hit my "goal weight" I want to start slow carb, more like Paleo. Wonder if she has any books she could recommend? ;)
ReplyDelete