
Sweet Sixty!
Great news friends! I have hit the 60lb mark in my weight loss journey. I am so excited!! I reached the number on Saturday, and it was wonderful to see.
Sometimes it seems like it is taking forever, but the more I think about it, I think slow and steady is more my style. I have yet to join a gym, so exercise is a big part of my plan for the next phase of my weight loss. I am starting a yoga class tomorrow night- it is held here at work every Tuesday night. I have held back from joining in the past, due to family obligations, but it's time for me to make some time for myself.
I don't ususally speak about my family on this blog, but I feel like sharing today. My hubby has been going through a rough phase. He was laid off a while back, and has had a series of health issues since that time. I have been the bread winner in our family, and while I don't mind, it does get hard sometimes. I am so blessed to have a great job, and the resources to support our family. Sometimes I feel unsupportive, angry, frustrated, disappointed...the list goes on. I often feel like my hubby can't get out of his own way, needs to just do SOMETHING, and just get on with things. I know it is more complicated than that, but I guess I am unsympathetic. I have been supportive, in every way, but I am getting scared.
Our vows have been tested in many ways over the years, but love remains.
We have never strayed from each other, but sickness and health, richer or poorer, in good times and in bad- yep, we've been through them all. We share a wonderul daughter, a beautiful home, and a great life. He is depressed, stressed out, and having panic attacks lately. I think it's due to the job situation, not feeling like a man, etc. He is seeing a therapist, and is on an antidepressent, but it takes time.
I am a good wife. I need to put myself first now, though. I need to stick to my goals, and not let myself get distracted from them. Is that selfish? I have to take care of my daughter, and support our family- sometimes there is not enough left over to baby my hubby. I resent that he needs to "be taken care of".
What to do? Keep on keeping on, I guess. I just needed to vent.
In band news, for those of you still reading :), I did not get to the MD last week- with President Obama in town on Thursday, it was impossible to get to Manhattan from Brooklyn mid day. I have been very careful with my food, and things are much better. I need to get more water in, though. Does anyone else have that problem? I used to drink, literally, a gallon of water each day, when I paid attention to my diet in the past. Now, I barely drink two glasses. I drink tea (2-3 cups), as it helps with the band pre-meal, and coffee in the morning, and a cocktail once in a while at night, but water seems to be something I have a hard time with.
Anyhow. Hope you ladies have a wonderful Monday! I need to get focused on work now, I have a huge task in front of me- I am leading a break out session on technology and learning at our companies Leadership Development Institute this Wednesday and Thursday, and I need to put my nose to the grindstone.
xoxoxoxoxoxooxox
(and thanks for listening)
A


Wow Annie --sounds like your plate is full. I agree with you, all you can do is keep on keepin on! My husbands job is on the edge right now also and I see so many changes in him. It's soooo hard! Be strong!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you starting to exercise--you will love how it changes your shape!!
XO
Annie. I hear you!!!! I am the breadwinner too and I do everything around the house and with the kids school, hiring babysitters, food shopping, etc. And for the last seven years I did not put myself first but I am starting to do it more and more.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I have those same feelings often. Congrats on the 60!!! Keep it up!
You sound like you really needed that vent - I hope it helps and things improve for your family soon.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I do have the same problem with water at times, I constantly have to stay focused on my water intake now. Otherwise I'll forget about it and I'll be lucky to get two glasses in myself :o)
I read this last night but was on my iPad and couldn't respond in depth-ish.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all that is what we are here for, To vent to. You are always allowed to express frustration here.
I can't imagine being as busy as it can be for you mama's. I've got my husband and my dog and work and sometimes it nearly kills me. So take some credit and stand tall.
We all can be our worst enermy sometimes. Hell, I gained all this weight myself. Takes a little longer for some to get with the program. Tough love maybe. But I know you will do what you can to help him while doing what you need to with your daughter.
Congrats on 60 flipping lbs, lady! Can you believe it??
I am awful at getting my water in and my vitamins....grr