Sunday, March 27, 2011

Haven't Been Around Much....

Hello Friends!
So, between the stomach flu, which completely ransacked my family, and the preparations for my Dad's 70th  birthday party that we hosted, this has been a crazy week!  My hubby, mom, dad, sister, 2 nieces, daughter, and me, a little, all were hit terribly with the bug! What a horror!

To top it off, my little girl is completely CONSTIPATED!  It is very sad. She is backed up to China, and it is not pretty! I took her to the MD this week, and they are going conservative- miralax, gummy pedialax, and a McIntosh apple every day at 3pm with a glass of water. I am hopeful, but getting discouraged, since it's not moving.

Today we hosted my entire family for my Dad's 70th birthday. It was a lot of prep, but my Dad was ecstatic, and everyone had a great time. We had approx. 40 adults, and 30 kids between 6 months and 17.  Most of them were between 7 and 12, which made for an entertaining day. Thankfully, it wasn't too cold, and they ran around outside a lot!  I hired a babysitter to watch my daughter and two twin neices, who are the same age.  That girl earned her money today!  It was great, because I have no other babysitter besides my Mom, and they seemed to bond with her.  Maybe hubby and I can go out for an evening now?

All in all, doing well with the band. Many compliments on my appearance, which is always nice. I ate a little, but am pretty tight these days, so kept it in check, for the most part.

I am now amazed at the amount of food people put on their plate!  Not just at the party, which I didn't notice, particulaly, but in general. I guess this thing is working! Now, if I could cut out the sugar, I would be golden.

So sorry I missed the brunch in NYC due to the bug, but am hoping for another local brunch soon, so I can meet some of you.

xoxooxox
A

6 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been sick! In my experience, being sick with the band sucks even worse that normal sick. Glad the party went well, tho!

    I had such a great time meeting lots of bandsters, I am definitely hoping we can do it a few more times before Chicago. Maybe I can start putting out feelers for something in May-ish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your little one has a movement soon...she has to be miserable! :(

    Glad your party went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - I hate being sick. So many things are going around lately...I'm so ready for summer! I hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started watching people while out to eat, especially at buffets. and not just overweight people, but skinny minnies too! Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you poor lady! And your poor daughter!

    How do you deal with the band and the tummy flu!? Seriously!

    ReplyDelete