Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Restriction? What Restriction??

Hello there!

I am still upbeat, but not quite as much as Monday, when I had my pre-TOM "burst of energy".  Does anyone else have this happen to them?  What happens is that the day before my monthly visitor comes a calling, I get very energetic, and start to feel fantastic.  I clean, do laundry, stay up late playing facebook games, and don't think about eating. The next day...whoomp. Bloated. Yuck. My weight is up like four pounds this week, which is not good, considering the challenge that I am participating in !!!!!!
The good news is that I always lose weight after my monthly visitor leaves town. 

On a food note, I made Giada's butternut squash lasagne over the weekend for my hubby. First of all, it is amazingly delicious. Second of all, it's not suppossed to be "band friendly"- pasta? I didn't think I would be able to indulge ever.  Third of all, I ate it Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. A pretty big piece too- probably a 4"x4" slice. Not stuck. Not even stuffed.  What's happening to me?????  I want my restriction back. Wah!

I have been snacking, which I know is a sign that a fill is due, so the timing is perfect, because, my second fill is coming up in a week and a half.

Meanwhile, I am down between 34-39 pounds, depending on the day.  I am looking forward to the big 4-0 (not that I thought I would ever say that!)

This weekend we are off to Cape Elizabeth, Maine (near Portland) for my neice Clara's Christening. The hubby, munchkin, and I are going, and my family will be there too.  Hopefully everyone will get along and be happy. 

More later??

xoxoox
A

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try spaghetti squash but am too chicken so far. I am pretty sure I don't like squash but then again my taste buds have been changing! I also have extreme waves from hysterical to POed to happy to cleaning freak lol Hang in there I am sure all that water weight will slide right off once TOM leaves and I hope you get more restriction then you will be cruising up to 50 in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, that Butternut Squash lasagna sounds Ahhh-sum! :) Yummmmy! Have fun on your trip. One of my wishlist travel trips is Maine; so beautiful! I hope you get restriction back at your next fill. I'm kind of in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? energy BEFORE the visitor? I don't think so! for a week before I don't want to do anything! and eat eat eat! by the way, my visitor should arrive tomorrow, so imagine where I am! But so far I have managed to maintain, and that's all I'm aiming for this week! Have fun at the christening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it weird how restriction can just disappear like that? But, it means that the fat around your tummy inside the band is melting away, which means PROGRESS! So keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete