Monday, November 29, 2010

A Thanksgiving Miracle!

Morning Hotties!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, and enjoyed every morsel that passed through your band!

I had a great weekend- Thanksgiving was an adventure- I am learning how to live with my band (still un-named), and how to chew, chew, chew.  With my new tightness, I was able to still enjoy all of the wonderful morsels, but just in much less quantity.  I had a couple of glasses of wine (definitely seems to help loosen things up), turkey and all the trimmings. I tried a cresent roll- not good.  My first instinct was to drink to push it through, but I stopped myself, and simply breathed.  I stood up, walked around (made like I was getting a drink for my daughter), and by the time I got back to the table, it was fine.  It did make me slow down a lot, which is awesome. I had a few bites of mocha hazelnut cream pie- wow! Sweet!  Too sweet! I had a massive headache for the rest of the night- not sure if it was from the wine or the sugar, but let's say it's the sugar- more of a deterrent!

Yesterday was interesting.  Our refrigerator broke- boo hoo. I threw out a ton of stuff from the freezer, but saved some things that we could keep in the cooler on the deck on ice and cook in the next couple of days. I am hoping that it can be fixed- my hubby and my brother in law are very handy, and together they figured out the defective part in the compressor, and are out buying it now- and hopefully fixing it later this morning.  The angels were looking out for me, because I was on my way out to go food shopping- lucky for us, that didn't happen!  The frige cam with the house we bought last year, and is top of the line, and only 5 years old- I am really hoping not to have to replace it since it has the nice matching panels from our cabinets on it, and looks nice. If worse comes to worse, we will buy a new one- maybe stainless steel?  That was my preference, but I was happy enough with what came with the house not to change it.

And I lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Yay!

Everyone should have these problems. I am thankful that I have the life I have, the love I have, and the friends and support system (you guys!) that I have as well.

xoxoxo
A

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous kitchen! I hope you don't have to replace the fridge, it goes so well! And that is awesome on the 5 lbs. lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitchen! What is it with appliances recently?! Grrr! Congrats on the 5lbs that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 lbs. over Thanksgiving!!! You rock!

    I hope the fridge recovers. Your house is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five pounds! Awesome, congrats. And beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete