Monday, November 8, 2010

I Feel Good

Yes, I do. I feel great. Why, you ask? Well, I am not certain, but I think it has to do with protien and vitamins!  You see, I took my vitamins last night, after a week or so of slacking off. I feel freakin' fantastic! I didn't weigh myself today, so that's not it. I didn't get a 50K raise and promotion today (which I deserve! :) I simply feel fanstastic.

Work is grand. No problems, all is clear. Of course, there are the normal irritations, but I love my job, and my job loves me, so it's all good.  At home? Things are also groovy. My hubby is in a good place, and I love spending time with my munchkin.  She is two and a half almost, and so funny. She takes after my husband in that regard- he is both fun and funny! Anyway, my daughter says to me as I am putting her to bed- "Mommy, you have blinkers!"  "Blinkers?" "No, not blinkers, STINKERS!" She just burst out laughing. So cute. I want to keep her my love bug forever, but I can say that I am enjoying her through every stage.

My philosophy in life is to "enjoy this stage of your life".  Single?  Embrace it! Get a trainer, get a pocketbook fetish, spend the day at the spa with your girlfriends!  Dating, but not married? Go away for the weekend, order the second bottle of wine! Have as much sex as possible!!  Engaged? Bask in the attention!  Spend time on the details! Enjoy the anticipation and excitement! Newlyweds?  Well, you get the idea.  Now that I have moved from several of these phases into wedded bliss and motherhood, I am enjoying this phase of my life too. As my weight creeps down, the enjoyment creeps up. I feel more alive, and like I am participating in my life. I no longer want to waste time being angry, ashamed, pissed off, hostile, etc. This is my life! I will never be this young ever again!  Powerful, huh?

It's heavy shit, but it's my journey. I strive to be the better person, the more generous, the friendlier, the giver, the gracious, the listener. The more I give of myself, the more I receive. It's what I truly believe. I am not taking about being a selfless doormat- no. I mean to really transcend the stupid and petty things that bother me and just live and be happy, and FEEL GOOD!

xoxoxo
A

PS- I can't believe I now have thirty followers! Thanks guys!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your attitude! I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all pumped up after reading this post! Your enthusiasm is infectious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your outlook on life, and think we could all take a page out of that book! It is so easy to look at the negative side of life, but it is just as easy to look on the bright side, and enjoy where we are. With all the changes I'm making in my life, I think that is another one I need to make! Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete