So, today I had my second fill. I am at 5.5 cc's in a 10cc band. I am happy to report that I have lost 9lbs in the 3 or so weeks since my first fill- yay! The better news is that I have not been an "ideal bandster",a nd still managed to lose 3lbs a week. I am happy about that because I know that with more effort on my part (which I am committed to bring) I will be even more successful in three weeks when I get weighed again!
I am feeling re-energized since I got such positive feedback at my appointment today. I met with both the PA and the nutritionist, and both were happy with my progress, and re-inforced the need to be in the "green zone" or sweet spot, to get maximum return for my investment. I am committed to losing a significant amount pre-Christmas. Like 15lbs. I think that is realistic. My last three weeks were plagued with the Halloween candy, the trip to Maine, etc. I know the biggie- Thanksgiving- is upon us, but I am hoping that my positive attitude and my latest fill will help me make the right choices.
The thing I want to convey is the importance of making good choices. It's hard. Especially with the pressures of family, work, and social lives upon us. The most successful among us seem to be the most disciplined. That's awesome. I would love to be more disciplined, but sometimes it's not my top priority. If I can be 80% good, that's where I believe I will have the best balance of weight loss and emotional stability. I am a little scared of getting to goal- whatever that is! At the point when my weight isn't the biggest obstacle for me personally, then what? I guess I will be figuring that out while losing the weight, and that's pretty exciting too.
Happy weekend wishes to all you sexy things out there!
xoxox
A


3 lbs a week is awesome! I have no doubt that if you work at your goal of 15 lbs before Christmas, you will do it! It's amazing what a positive attitude can do to us. We can accomplish any goal with the right attitude.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I wish you good restriction!
ReplyDeleteWhooooho! I agree! 3lb is awesome!! I am scared too about getting to a goal. But I guess at this point anything is better then where I am now!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment...glad I found you here! You are rockin' you band!!! Ahh...scared of goal...been there (and wrote about it)! I really believe that's why 'goal limbo' sets in with a plateau before goal...so much of this is in the head and you're doing all that just right from the beginning. Keep writing and reading and you'll keep having success! Can't wait to watch you reach goal! -BG
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great. I find the right choiceds can still be a little difficult when there is lots of goodies about, but try ti have protein first, that way you are fuller and it is easier to say no to the yummy extras that do us no good :o)
ReplyDelete