Friday, June 3, 2011

BYOC

It’s FRIDAY – which means it’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy…around these parts. We answer a couple of questions to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire…and ENJOY!!


1. If you could pick any name on Earth for yourself – would you change yours and what would it be?
My name is Ann Margaret, but Ann seemed to stick after I started grade school. I have always thought it was a boring name, but  I do like Annie. What name would I pick? Hmmm.... I love the name Morgan, which is what we named our daughter- it's so strong and is both a family name on my side, and kind of unique, but I don't see myself that way. I guess I would stick with Annie.

2. If you’re a worker-outer…what time do you partake in such activities? There are SO many theories about when it’s best and not best to work out….like the morning is better since you have an empty stomach or the night is not good because you won’t be able to sleep…etc, etc. – so I’d like to hear your theories.

Presently, I am not a worker-outer, but I am starting Zumba on Monday, and am very excited. It's an after-work class at my job, and seems like it would be fun. When I was a workerouter, I prefered going either right before, or right after work- I loved the energy rush I would have all day after a morning workout, and I also loved the stress relief component of working out after a hectic day in the office. Hopefully, now that I have a family, and small child to pick up, I can find the time here and there to go to the gym. I foresee going in the evening after my daughter goes to bed- it's time I spend on the computer, and may work out to be a good time for me to go to the gym.

3. If you drive a car – what kind is it and if you could drive any car – what would it be?

We have two cars- a FJ Cruiser, and a Honda CRV. The CRV is "my" car, and the FJ is the hubby's. I drive the FJ to work now, because it's newer than the CRV, which is on it's last legs. We are going car shopping tomorrow, and I am torn between a certified pre-owned CRV, or a new Lexus CT 200h- it's a hybrid, and get's great gas mileage, and is in the 29-30K price range. I have a huge commute by car now, and the FJ is such a gas guzzler. Fingers crossed, we will get something soon- my hubby wants his truck back! I feel torn between the two- the practical (budgetarily speaking) side of me says CRV, and the other side says, Hell, I work hard, and I deserve to drive a Lexus!! My fantasy car is a BMW 6 series. Convertible, of course, but that's not practical, with my daughter at this time, but maybe my next car- just in time for my mid-life crisis!

4. Can you be totally honest in answering this next question and tell me what you think of tattoos? More importantly – what do you think of the people who have tattoos – specifically women?

If I am completely honest, I would say that I am not a fan of tattoos. Maybe because I was raised in a "tattoos are trashy" household, but everytime my hubby says he wants to get one, I cringe.  I think tattoos are very popular now, and the old thinking about them is very antiquated, and I do know lots of girls with tattoos, but I think most professional, or aspiring professional women are not taken as seriously as they could be when they have a visible tattoo. I am all for the small, indiscreet, or for private viewing only type tattoos, and I have contemplated getting a tattoo on my lower back when I was younger, or something on my hip, but I feel like I would possibly regret it someday, so I have always chickened out. I have gotten temporary tattoos, though, and felt hot when I had them!




5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.


This week has been good, overall. I feel like I am making progress on my personal professional aspirations of getting my PMP certification by the end of the month, and that feels very good. Band wise, I am losing weight, which is also good. I need to follow the rules more closely to be more successful and reduce the potential risks of not following band rules, so that's something I will be focusing on. I also have plans to get my butt moving in Zumba, and possibly joining a gym in the near future.


That's my BYOC!


Love love love!!!!


xoxoxoo
A

2 comments:

  1. I work with tons of PMPs - very good decision. I should try a temp tat on my calf to see how I feel about having it there since I'm so unsure.

    ReplyDelete